1. What is the name of one of the major political parties
in the United States?
2. The smaller political parties are usually called _____
3. People who don't want to register as a member of a political
party can register as _____.
4. Do people who are registered as members of a political
party always have to vote for that party's candidates?
5. Name three things that active party members do during
a campaign to get votes for their candidate.
Work in party's headquarters
Drive people to polling places
All of the above
6. Why was George Washington opposed to political parties?
He believed that political parties would spend too much money.
He feared that they would divide the nation and kindle animosity.
He knew that France's political parties were corrupt.
He thought that political parties would prevent women from gaining the right
7. The Democractic party grew out of Thomas Jefferson's
Democratic-Republican party. Find out how and when the Republican party began.
Describe its origin.