Fill in the blanks and answers the multiple choice questions
1. Why is it important for people
to vote in secrecy?
So people cannot influence or "buy" votes, or punish someone if they
do not vote in a certain way.
So people can influence or "buy" votes, or punish someone if they do
not vote in a certain way.
2. Place a checkmark next to the
way that volunteers are unlikely to help candidates on Election Day.
Drive voters to the polls
Call people to remind them to vote
Put up campaign posters in polling places
Hand out campaign buttons in front of polling places
3. What are poll watchers?
4. What are concession statements?
5. Why do you think campaigning is
forbidden at polling places on Election Day?
6. Election results would be counted
sooner if polling places closed at 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. Why do you think polls
are open until 8 p.m. or 9 p.m.?
7. Use a dictionary or encyclopedia
to find the origin of the word "ballot."